Our Custom Design Process
At Carta Bene, we strive to make the custom process easy and fun (aka not stressful) for our clients. We offer custom design for all wedding and event signage, stationery, and invitations. These include but are not limited to:
Here's how our process works!
- First we ask that our clients have a color palette and style in mind. We do offer consultations to help narrow that down for you if needed. We have more than a decade of experience in designing all aspects of events, and can help you to narrow your vision and make good decisions about your event design.
- Second, vision! In order to begin our design consultation we need some inspo! Things that we ask for:
- Some font inspiration (script? block? caps? What are you attracted to?),
- A bit of color inspiration - images
- Some element inspiration as well - do you like wax seals, belly bands, letter press, metallic leafing, envelope liners?
- A few inspo images of the wedding or event itself (what floral are you going for? DO you have a theme or style?
- Third - Consultation! We require a $50 deposit at this stage so that we can begin custom work. This applies to your final balance. We schedule a zoom call with you to share our screen, and design the stationery or signage right there on screen as you watch. Typically we spend 30 mins to an hour in this process, and then we'll hop off, finalize design and start the proof process. This is quite different than traditional designers, as our clients get to be a very involved part of the design process.
- Once designs are begun, an invoice must be paid before any items are printed or created.
- Last - Proofing. This process is a back-and-forth email process that usually takes 3-7 days (depending on complexity).
- Then we go to print! Our print process can be as short as a couple of days and as long as 2-3 weeks for more intense designs and letterpress.